New beginning for a new year

I love the new year.  So much potential and a chance to reset, recalibrate and acknowledge accomplishments.  If the past couple of years are any indication, I won't post often but I am doing so today so there's that.  In 2013 I completed 8 bed-sized quilts and I quilted about 60-70 quilts on my long-arm.  I sold my HQ16 and bought a Fusion, also a Handi-quilter machine.  I like the brand a lot and it does what I need.  I've had the new one since September and it's been a fantastic upgrade.
Some of my 2013 projects remain as UFO's: Hidden Stars, Bow Ties, And Cats to name a couple.  Some others got added to the list~and some were completed~hooray! In general I'm pretty happy about what I completed year!  
So, what will I change?  Not a whole lot actually.  I'd like to spend less on fabric.  I've got several stash quilts in the works, the one closest to completion is Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Trips.  One more block to make and I'll start webbing it together.  I'm also working on her Shaded Nine Patch as a leader/ender project, and I started Celtic Solstice.  I LOVE how that one looks! I'll make the large size of that one.  Then I need to make a baby quilt for my first grand nephew!  And a graduation quilt for Emily which I was cutting strips for as I was cutting for Celtic Solstice.  And I will continue to quilt on my long-arm!
Away from quilting, I always need to work on the basics...exercise, eat healthy foods and watch my weight....so that I can keep quilting for a long, long time!  That "To Do" list doesn't ever seem to get shorter!
Wishing you all the best for 2014....and many fabulous finishes!

Comments