A perfect way to spend a snowy afternoon

We did inventory at the shop today so after I got home from that and had a rest and it was still snowing I could hear my sewing machine calling me.  Does your machine do that too?  I spent the rest of the afternoon making some more units for Celtic Solstice.  I'm not in any hurry to get it done but I'd like to get a little done each day.  I've used yardage and fat quarters so far but now that I have a good feel for it I'd like to add more variety by getting into the scrap drawers.  It's a spectacular quilt.  Bonnie did another outstanding job in color selection, pattern design and writing the clues.

Then I decided to finish the last block for Scrappy Trips and start webbing the top together!  I'm so excited to get to this stage and try another way of assembling a quilt top which will hopefully keep the blocks in the right place.  There are some gorgeous versions of this quilt on the internet.  My version is very colorful; it's quite a mish mash of uglies to pretties.  It only used up a little bit of  my 2.5" strip drawer because I kept adding to it when I came across something else I wanted to put in it.  I'm sure I have enough to do another one but if I do the next one will probably have more of a color scheme.  I cut up a bunch of my 30's prints for one...just in case!
Webbing the top together 

Hope you've had time to sew today!

Comments