More Projects

Here is a set of four napkins I made yesterday and sent to my mother for her birthday next week.  She will be 84 years young!  I wish I was going to be there but it's so unpredictable to travel in the winter that I avoid it.  Anyway, the napkins were made from 10" squares so they finish at 9 1/2".  She plays bridge a lot so I thought this fabric with tiny playing cards on it would be fun for her to use when it's her turn to host the bridge group.

Start with 2 10" squares layered right sides together for a napkin that finishes at 9.5".  Sew around with a 1/4" seam leaving an opening to turn and then edge stitch after turning.  So for a set of four napkins I cut 8 squares from 5/8 yd.   Did you notice the rooster pin cushion? It's cast iron with wool insert for pins.  Isn't it the cutest? It was a gift so it's one of a kind as far as I know.  Aren't I the lucky one!


And, here is another quilt I quilted, this one was made by my sister-in-law.  Her piecing is unbelievable!  It is so precise and lays so flat.  I think she called this one Chinese Candy Corn.  I used a pantograph called Froth and Bubble on it with a thread color called Wheat.



Finally, who can resist this shot of  Lucy, my father's pup, sitting on the hearth taken at my Dad's house.  He lives in a house built in the 1870's.  That is not a typo, it is almost 150 yrs old.  This is one of four of the original fireplaces. I'll have to share more of this historic house some time.  And I'll double check the date but I think I remembered it correctly.  
If you are where it is snowing again I hope you stay warm inside and have time to work on one of your UFO's!  I pulled out a knitting UFO to work on this evening.  Let's get those projects done!

Comments