We Came, We Saw, We Shopped

We're in Paducah, KY my friend, C and I. We arrived Sunday afternoon as the rain finally broke and the skies brightened. Since we changed time zones coming in from Indiana, we had an extra hour to check things out. First, we drove around the downtown area to see what was going on. We happened upon Eleanor Burn's shop Quilt in a Day and decided that would be a good place to stretch our legs. Inside, they told us that their tents (of fabric and books) were also open so we buzzed over there. Picked up a couple of goodies there and then headed over to our hotel to check-in while it was still light. We got a ground floor room, so handy to shlep in our sewing machines and all our accessories. Here's our room with our machines set up. C had a Sew-Ezi table that worked great for her machine while I used the table already in the room.
Our first full day in Paducah was a total success. FIRST STOP: HANCOCK'S! Woohoo! Major hit! A couple more reds, a couple of unusual pieces for fun AND, about 20 one yard cuts of Kaffe Fassett prints which I have been coveting for $5 a yard. Also, batting for my mother-in-laws cross-stitch top I said I would quilt for her to give to my nephew at his upcoming wedding, and a new pair of snips. And, it's not even lunchtime! Oh, and lunch! You must go to Kirchoff's Bakery for one of their fabulous sandwiches. But, you won't be able to choose just one so plan on coming back the next day for another! And, save room for a cookie from their bakery for dessert! After lunch it was time for the National Quilt Museum. Oh My! That is always breathtaking and so inspiring. It makes you want to go home and sew up a storm. Pictures aren't allowed inside but allow yourself about two hours to take it all in. Next we visited Caryl Bryer Fallert's shop and that was like a quilt show in itself. She is soooo talented and soooo nice! She autographed a book I bought with photos of her quilts in it. That stop is a must. We made a couple of other stops too, each one necessitating the purchase of some little remembrance to come back with us. The Kentucky Oaks Mall had a redwork vendor which was quite nice; I love the old handwork so I had to get a pattern and some thread for one of those projects I'll have to do someday. Whew, are we tired or what. That was yesterday but, it's time for dinner and I must go. Hope you all get a chance to make this trip some day. And, make it at least a three day trip, you'll enjoy it so much more if you're not pressed for time. I'm already wishing we could stay another day.

Comments