Day Three




The Show! The Show! and the Vendors! Although we're rather tired by now, there is so much to see. The quilts are wonderful, inspirational, artistic, engaging, colorful, imaginative, fascinating, brilliant, captivating (especially the miniatures), each one distinct, and new, representing a piece of their heart and mind's eye. A big thank you to each artist who put their work out there for us.
I took several pictures, not hundreds, of ideas that will really help me in future projects. And, I shopped a little bit, but it's really such an overload, sad to say, that I found myself thinking, yeah, more hand-dyed fabrics, ok, next, patterns, yeah, great. Isn't that awful? There were a couple of things that caught my eye, of course, and so, I picked up a pre-cut kit to make a small storm-at-sea quilt, something I've been wanting to make for a long time, and I thought this would be the only way I'd ever get to it. And, I bought the supplies for trying my hand at making a bowl from the "It's a Wrap" book which is made by wrapping cotton cording (clothesline) with narrow strips of fabric and zig-zagging the coils together. They were very cool. I think I will work on these two projects very soon.
The biggest project of the day was testing out long-arm quilting machines. I tested a different one each time we needed a sit-down. After another horrible night sleeping debating about which machine I need, I have a long way to go before deciding which one would suit. More on that another time.
Well, we're leaving today and it's time to get packed up. What a time! We'll be back next year if at all possible. In the meantime, Happy Quilting!

Here are some views of the Ohio River in downtown Paducah and a great spot to bring your carry out lunch! That's where we ate our Last Lunch from Kirchoff's before hitting the road back home.

Comments