A new project

March is rapidly approaching and there is a new baby coming! My nephew and his wife are expecting their first child, a boy.  I finally have a plan and have started cutting and sewing the baby's quilt.  On Tuesday, as I was catching up on blog reading I hit on Rachel Griffith's blog ps i quilt.  She is doing a review of the quilts in her book quilts made with love.  Check out the one called look to the stars.  That looks like a perfect baby quilt to me!  So, as the snow began to fall, I drove to the quilt shop and picked up a copy of her book and a couple yards of Kona Snow ( no pun intended) and a couple 1/4 yards of blues.  I made one change so far and that is to use 2" finished half-square triangles instead of 3" finished.  It will make a smaller quilt if I leave the rest "as is" but I think the smaller size block will be better for a baby quilt.  So, I am cutting 2 1/2" strips and using my easy angle ruler to cut already matched pairs of strips.  Having put dinner in the slow cooker is giving me a little more time to work on this today!
I hope to share pictures of my version of this quilt very soon!  But in the meantime, if you need to make a quick quilt gift for someone check out her book for some wonderful projects.  

Comments