Stash Report

Hi there!  Just a brief update on the stash usage since I've got good news to share.  It may not seem like much but for me it's a complete 180 (or is that a 360?). 

Fabric purchased this week:  1 yard (I needed to make another faux leather journal cover for a gift and didn't have any more; it doesn't take a yard but I don't want to make the trip again the next time I need to make one so I have enough now to make about 5-6 more.)  Year to Date:  1 yard!!!  This is the number I'm really excited about!  I feel like I should be standing up in an Quiltaholics Anonymous meeting saying "my name is Stephanie and I'm addicted to buying fabric!  It's been 18 days since I last purchased any fabric".

Fabric Used:  2 7/8 yards (I made a couple more blocks, the journal cover and made the rest of the triangle sets I think I'll need for the triangle exchange).  Year to Date:  3 1/3 yards.

Quilts quilted:  0.  Year to Date:  1

So, I've only bought fabric that I immediately put to use!  I've also realized that it's hard to find time to sew and practice my quilting and right now I've felt more like sewing.  I've also been trying to figure out the design and pull colors for a quilt for my nephew.  It's fun way to spend a snowy evening looking through my stack of magazines hunting for ideas!  And, I'm almost ready to start cutting.  That means more Fabric Used! 

Look for the next Layer Cake block next weekend!  The block is made; I just have to write the directions and get the pictures together!  Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments

  1. Nice control on buying fabric. I have certainly been buying more than you but have been using all I have got so far. I can't wait to make the next block, well at least I hope I can make the next one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment