So Long 2012...and good riddance

Time for some new goals and some insights...

There were a lot of negative happenings in 2012 that make me glad to move on to another year.  The worst of which were the passing of my mother-in-law in April (following the death of my father-in-law the previous November) and a period of job uncertainty this fall with my husband's position.  It made for very sad moments and some uneasy what-ifs.  However, it helped to find some perspective and comfort from those around me.  In the midst of it all, I took on lots of quilting jobs with my long-arm and successfully quilted over 50 quilt tops.  Most of my own projects were just making blocks for various projects and Quilt-a-Longs which were very fun!  Not alot to show for all that sewing time yet but, perhaps soon.

So, that said, let me try to be more cheerful about prospects for 2013. 
1.  I very much enjoy and will continue to quilt the tops that people bring to me; I loaded another one today.  I passed the 100 mark in 2012 and could come very close to 200 by the end of 2013!  That would be AWESOME! 
2.  I want to learn some new freehand designs and would like to regularly allow myself the time to do so ...and to post the results. 
3.  I would like to post more frequently and so, starting with the quilt I loaded today I will post my customer's quilts as I finish them...or perhaps once a month like a mini-quilt show.  That would be fun, wouldn't it?  Could I reach my 100th post this year??
4.  I'm going to keep track of the number of blocks I make this year.  I have several BOM's in progress and I love being able to add another "tick" mark.  For instance, I need 80 Cat Blocks for a quilt in progress and I am really close to having them all done; I've made 66 blocks and only need 14 more.  Would you like to see them?  And, I've made (5) 5" blocks just for fun.  How about those?  Would you like to see them, too?  Maybe I could post them in groups of 10.  I'd like to make at least 365 blocks this year!
5.  USE THOSE SCRAPS!  That's the #1 fabric related goal this year.  I have enough fabric for a lifetime as so many of us do.  I know I can't say I won't buy any fabric this year but it makes me feel good to use what I have so most of the projects I have chosen for 2013 (see sidebar) have been specifically chosen to use what I have.  I want to make the Easy Street Mystery quilt  and I want to base it on what I want to use up but I haven't chosen my focus fabric yet.  So, anything that gets added to the list should come from stash first.  All those BOM's?  They're all patterns or booklets or on blogs I've collected and I'm using my own fabric for each and every one. 

So, what are your goals for 2013?  If I knew how to do a linky thing I'd ask you all to link up but, maybe you can just put it in the comment section....Oh, so I guess I need to add more computer skills to the list, too.  Geez...I better stop now before you regret coming over here!  But, thanks for stopping by and I hope to hear from you!

Comments

  1. Hi Stephanie!!! I love your blog post I just received in my email box!!! You truly are an awesome lady/woman. That's a nice photo of you too girlfriend. I need to see how much it would cost for you to just meander a piece of fabric together so that I can then cut out a pattern on the piece you quilt for me. I am making a garment bag for my cousin's new baby Violet and also a Christening Gown! Finally, can you believe it - I get to sew a Christening Gown. It will be very special. I have to say that I sort of knew you were having a bad year, but my friend you held your head up high and had a lot class about the way you didn't let it really show - that being your fears. I agree the sucked for me too. I finally get rid that freaking pain and then my hubby gives a very bad upper respiratory infection which I am almost whole again and do you know what??? He is sick again!! I hope you received your birthday card. I was in the throws of illness or I would have called. I will do my part to help you reach your goal of the number of quilts you want to quilt!!! I can't wait to finally see everyone next week at YOUR house!!! Here's a big old hug for my darling friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's plan to work on some of our projects when we go on retreat. We should be able to get a lot done - just have to remember to take them with us when we leave. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment