Out of Hibernation

Here's a quick look at one of the projects I've brought out of hibernation.  I had started these basket blocks back in 2005, if you can believe; and worked on them once or twice since then.  Then they got placed in a bin and put on a shelf and mostly forgotten.  I don't know what made me think of them now necessarily except I've been doing an inventory of sorts lately.  Mary Huey (www.maryhueyquilts.com) came to speak at our guild last week on the topic of UFQ’s.  She made some good points one of which, if I may paraphrase her, is that in order to Finish Something you need to know what you have. So, it got me thinking about some of those bins put away in the back of the closet; things I really want to work on some day.  Well, today is the day for this little project!

There are (14) 8" blocks and (14) 4" blocks in mostly 30's fabrics.  They are quite cheerful for a wintry day.  I put together kits for another 6 of the larger blocks which I hope to sew tonight.  I like to have things ready like that, don't you?  Since my goal is sew at least 365 blocks this year maybe this project will stand a chance at getting finished!
I hope you are sewing today too!

Comments

  1. I love these baskets. I'm glad you pulled these out to work on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment