THE SHELF PROJECT


THE SHELF PROJECT

I, too, have a rather lengthy wish list when it comes to the projects I’d like to get done this year.  In the simplest terms, I want to finish everything on the shelves in this picture therefore my New Year’s List will affectionately be named THE SHELF PROJECT.  (No fair looking at the tubs to the right, ignore them, ignore them.)



Identifying them from top to bottom although they won’t be worked on in this order:

Top Shelf:
A Christmas Tree Skirt kit I just purchased in December of wool applique on red velveteen, not started.

Placemats for my Mother, not started.

Hundreds of half-square triangle units from a guild exchange in 2010.

Pillowcases for Chaucie’s Place; an ongoing effort, I make them from time to time as needed.

Second Shelf:

“Carousel” pattern from Cozy Modern Quilts book; needs borders pieced. (2/27-done!)

Fabric for 2 Mondo Bags, one for me and one for a gift.

“Etchings” fabric waiting for something….

Third Shelf:

Fabric for a Schlep Bag

Mini-Christmas stockings kit, 3 down, 2 to go

Orca Bay Mystery-just a few strips of blacks and shirtings are cut

Fabric for a Halloween Twister-lap size using 10” squares, not started.

Some Cheddar fabric for some little nine patches (2/26-put away for now)

Leftover fabric waiting to be put away…in the tub and plastic mesh basket (2/26-Cleaned up)

Fourth Shelf:

These items are all finished!  Call it my inspiration shelf…someday this whole shelf unit will store only finished projects!!

Fifth Shelf:

2012 QP Second Saturday project, in progress and up-to-date

Pieces for Double Delight, a good leaders and enders project

Black and Red fabrics for a Hexie quilt, not started.

Sixth Shelf:

Supporting cast members for several projects including:

Pink and Brown Pinwheel Quilt, in progress (2/26-making progress, 23 blocks done, 7 to go)

Layer Cake Sampler from last year, continuing on through this year; need to get current (2/27-December blocks done; working on setting-see post of 2/27)

Insulbrite for more grocery sacks/gifts; to work on as needed.
So, there you have it.  I added this shelving unit to my space late last year and it just magically got filled with stuff to do so I’ll tackle it first…in hopes that someday I’ll get to my other shelving unit which has even more projects started and collected waiting their turn.  Not to mention the FLOOR PROJECTS, items which do not even fit under the table, on the shelves, in the drawers, or anywhere else but the FLOOR!

I’m happy to report that there are two projects no longer on the shelf J because I have been working diligently on them since January 1!  One is ready to hand-sew the binding down; the other has borders almost completed and will get its backing soon too. 

Besides sewing goals I started swimming again.  And, I’ve had to get really tough with myself about NOT becoming the couch potato I could so easily be…I started walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes every night no matter what.  I just started last weekend (I kind of missed that Jan 1 start because it took an extra couple of weeks of pondering to get some goals together but I still want to complete 366 days).   So far I’m 7 for 7.  Want to try it too?  Just leave a comment. 

One of things I will not be spending much time on is blogging so don’t be surprised if you don’t hear from me for awhile!  It means I’m happily working away at THE SHELF PROJECT.  I will post occasional updates.

Best wishes of the New Year to you and your family!

Stephanie

Comments