Are you Ready?

Goodbye 2010!  I wasn't all that fond of 2010 and I'm eager to get to work on my new goals.  How about you?  Today and tomorrow are GREAT days to tidy up your (home) work space, cut up some scraps that are piling up, put all your gear back into place, and maybe even dust and oil your sewing machine (and change your needle!!).   Once that's done you'll feel so much more like getting out a project that has sat for awhile or starting a new one!  I hope you'll try my block of the month!  It won't be hard, promise.  You'll even be able to work on other things inbetween if you're so inclined.  I should have the first block ready to post soon so choose your color scheme or get a layer cake that you love.   A layer cake is a pre-cut stack of 10 inch squares that Moda puts out with each of its fabric lines.  In it you'll get one square of each fabric in the line for a total of 42 squares.  I'm not sure how many I'll use yet but it won't be more than 42.  So, you can cut up let's say, some pink and browns, or some light and dark batiks, or, some red and greens or blue and yellows...whatever you like, or, you can buy a pack.  :)   

Goal #1:  To use up stash fabric:  I used 6 yards of fabric to make a pieced backing for a Log Cabin quilt I'll be teaching next semester.  I used another 2 yards for a couple of gifts.  And, I've cut up some backing leftovers so they don't clutter up my area.  It doesn't count for 2011 but it makes me feel like I closed out 2010 on a positive note. 
Goal #2:  Quilt 1 quilt per week on my long-arm.  Check!  In the past two weeks I have quilted the Log Cabin quilt and another one for Christmas which gets me on a roll.  I'm so pysched about doing more long-arming. 
Goal #3:  see above.  I'll post the first block asap!  

So, Happy New Year to one and all!  Get ready to rock and roll!  And let me know how you're doing!  I want to hear!

Comments

  1. Hey. I spent some time last night cleaning up my fabric. Not that I have that much but I still have much more than I would have thought. Hopefully today I'll get my sewing space back. I'm still not sure how much time I will get to spend sewing but I'm hoping to find a way to get some of these project finished.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment