March Report

I went over budget this month and didn't use up enough fabric to compensate for bringing more in.  As a matter of fact, aside from buying more, I did very little sewing this month.  I hit a wall, in fact, got stopped in my tracks, figuratively, not literally!  Aside from going on retreat at the beginning of March I basically unpacked and didn't sew the rest of the month.  More on that later.  So, what did I get this month?  Well, I went to the Fat Tuesday sale at Threads of Time in Danville and bought a handful of FQ's there.  I bought a beautiful stack of 1yd cuts from the sale room at Glorious Color for 2 Kaffe quilts I'm collecting for, and I went to Always in Stitches in Noblesville and picked up a several 1yd cuts there when I was having my machine serviced.  That did it! Over budget, but very happy with my purchases.  I resisted, so far, getting a FQ roll of Plum Sweet, and another of Cotton and Cologne, both beautiful lines.  So, I did have a wee bit of restraint.  Next time, I hope to show progress on the Ice Cream Quilt as I have all the fabric collected for that and it's ready for cutting.

I knit 3 more dishcloths in March and I finished the binding on this BOM that I started here a couple of years ago.  I am pleased with how it turned out even if it did take longer than it should have to get it put together.  The pink and brown blocks were made from scrap fabrics not layer cake (10") squares.   I also re-knit the fingerless glove that I took apart a couple of weeks ago.  And, I quilted a few quilts on my longarm.



Our household project these days is the task of clearing out and cleaning out so that we can eventually down-size.  A little at a time....

Comments